Published Date : 16 May 2010
Do fast cars excite you? Is making a green stand relevant to you? Are you creative?
Join the Pan Pacific - Singapore GP Recycle Challenge!
We have eight final teams battling to conceptualise, design and build a FORMULA ONE car replica using recycled materials or based on an environmentally-friendly theme. These teams will stand to win incredible prizes ranging from luxury hotel stays to coveted premium Singapore GP tickets and a unique Red Bull Racing experience and exclusive Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Toro Rosso experiences in the paddocks.
Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts and Singapore GP challenge students from Singapore’s tertiary institutions to form teams of up to four members each to conceptualise, develop and build FORMULA ONE car replicas using recycled materials or based on an environmentally-friendly theme. .
We hope to encourage creativity, synergy and to connect students with Singapore’s annual motor sporting highlight – Singapore GP.
1st Prize: 4 X Green Room tickets (worth $14,000) & 4 X 3 Day 2 Night stays at Pan Pacific Singapore’s Studio Harbour Suite (worth $12,000) plus a unique Red Bull Racing experience of a lifetime; touring the Red Bull Racing Paddocks and Garage and meeting Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber
2nd Prize: 4 X Pit Grandstand tickets (worth $5,152) & 4 x 3 Day 2 Night stays at Pan Pacific Orchard’s Executive Suite (worth $6,000) as well as the opportunity to get up close and personal with the Scuderia Toro Rosso Formula One racing cars and drivers Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari in the paddocks
3rd Prize: 4 X Premier Walkabout tickets (worth $1,592) & 4 x 2 Day 1 Night stays at Pan Pacific Singapore’s Panoramic room (worth $2,800)
Minimum replica dimensions (while these are a recommended set of dimensions, up to 0.5 metres discrepancy will be accepted)
Front Track : 0.7 metres Rear Track : 0.7 metres Length : 2.5 metres Width : 0.9 metres Height : 0.5 metres
Submissions will be assessed based on the following criteria:
Relevance to environmentally-friendly theme : 50% Aesthetics : 20% Emulation of a FORMULA ONE car : 20% Support Statement : 10%
If you have any queries, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- Singapore GP Pte Ltd and Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts (herewith collectively known as The Organisers) will accept Concept Design Proposals teams before 17 June 2010, 5pm for the initial shortlisting and the replica submissions accompanied by a Supporting Statement no later than 30 August 2010, 5pm for the finals. The judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This contest is only open to enrolled students from Singapore’s tertiary institutions. Each student can only be a part of one team however there is no limit to the number of entries per school. Every student is encouraged to participate.
- This competition is not open to employees or contractors of The Organisers, any person directly involved with The Organisers, or the running of the competition, or their direct family members.
- The Organisers reserves the right to refuse and/or decline any submissions, cancel this competition at any stage, without prior notification.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
- Teams must observe the guidelines and timelines as specified in order to be deemed as eligible.
- Prizes are not exchangeable and cannot be sold to a third party or redeemed for cash.
- The Organisers reserve the right to announce the participants name and submitted content for marketing and/or publicity purposes. Organisers also have right-of-use of all submitted entries including written documentation, materials, replica car models and other such representations whether in full or in parts, for publicity and marketing purposes.
- By participating in this contest, participants agree that The Organisers shall not be liable for injury, loss, or damage of any kind resulting from the participation, in this contest. The Organisers will not be responsible for any lost or misdirected entries however caused.
- The Organisers reserves the right to disqualify any team who unfairly and/or negatively influences the submission process and/or outcome of the challenge.
- Only completed/finished entries will be accepted.
Co-organiser: Supported by: Endorsed by: