Status: Temporary on call hourly
Schedule: Flexibility Required: Rotating Shifts, Weekends & Holidays Required
Reporting to the Pacific Club Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible to deliver a memorable service to Pacific Club guests, including food and beverage service operations, check in and check out and offering concierge services according to the standards of Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts.
The key responsibilities of the Pacific Club Agent include but are not limited to:
- Answer telephones in a friendly yet professional manner
- Greet and register guests (checks guests in and out) and perform all Concierge and cashier related duties for Pacific Floor guests
- Provide exceptional Concierge information to our guests about local and area attractions, restaurants, theatres, special events, tickets, confirmations and other available services.
- Fulfill guest requests such as restaurant reservations, locating lost luggage, courier services, limousine service, car rental, baby-sitting service, travel arrangements and any and all other legal and moral activities required.
- Develop and maintain contacts with business partners & concessionaires within the local community.
- Escort guests to rooms and assist guests with luggage storage as required.
- Develop and maintain guest history and personal preferences data to enhance guest experience.
- Develop an engaging rapport with all Pacific Club guests, ensuring repeat guests are duly recognized.
- Resolve any guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Administer all aspects of the Pacific Club, acting upon urgent issues in a timely manner, reporting observations to the Pacific Club Manager or in their absence, the Duty Manager.
- Actively participate in Front Office upsell programs and contribute ideas for revenue enhancement.
- Actively engage in all aspects of food and beverage service in the Pacific floor lounge, ensuring best quality practices and standards are adhered to at all times.
- Sets up and stocks assigned work area including buffet if required; replenish all items on a regular basis to ensure quality and presentation is maintained.
- May be required to pick up and return food items to the kitchen, additionally may be responsible to order food and beverage products to maintain stock levels.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Frequent standing and walking throughout the shift.
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates.
- Individual must display self-motivation, sense of urgency, high level of energy, initiative, and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to cope with complex situations, diffuse guest related situations and make effective decisions using sound judgment.
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented; ability to be able to balance technical and guest service successfully is critical.
- Maintain professional business confidentiality as required
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Previous experience in a guest service position; Front Office and or Concierge experience an asset.
- Food and beverage service experience is considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in Hotel Management, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills; Spoken English is mandatory and additional language(s) an asset
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency with e-mail, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs - Opera is an asset.
- Serving it right and Food safe certification required
- Thorough knowledge of the City’s attractions, including restaurants, tourist sites, and shopping areas.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website www.panpacificvancouver.com/contact-us/careers
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups.
These groups are:
- Members of visible minorities
- Persons with disabilities
- Aboriginal peoples, and
Please note a recent scam involves soliciting individuals for international employment via e-mail using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific name. Individuals are then asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application.
Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. These offers are fraudulent. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this scheme, please contact your local police department to report the matter.