Status: Full Time Hourly
Schedule: Flexibility Required: Rotating Shifts, Weekends & Holidays Involved
We are looking for an energetic individual to join the Kitchen Team in the role of Commis 3. This Person will be responsible for preparing and servicing all food items, under the general supervision of the Chef de Partie, and according to the production standards established by the Executive Chef and the Pan Pacific Hotel.
The key responsibilities of the Commis 3 include but are not limited to:
• Prepares and services all food items according to Pan Pacific Hotel recipes and standards
• Ensures minimum waste in food preparation; Maintains daily mis-en-place
• Ensures consistency in taste and presentation of prepared food items
• Prepares certain food items for the following days duties
• Monitors related equipment, reporting any problems or inconsistencies to the Sous Chef
• Assumes responsibilities of the Sous Chef/Chef de Partie in their absence
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment
• Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Meets demands to a high standard of quality and in a timely manner.
• Ability to perform functional role: know how to operate all operational equipment & systems relevant to their role and within their immediate work area; Can demonstrate knowledge of all standards relating to their role.
• Maintains the technical skills within culinary ranking: speed, efficiency and time management are at the core of cooking competencies. Depth of skill & knowledge expected to acquire, grown and attain with each year.
• Commis 3 must be able to work with minimal supervision & has basic supervisory skills & responsibilities for Cook’s Helpers & Apprentices.
• Encourage potential and apprentice chefs in their work, offering guidance in accordance with culinary standards, recipes and menus of the Pan Pacific.
• Maintains the health, security & safety standards in the culinary areas & hotel.
• Has the ability and flexibility to work opening and closing shifts in the Café Restaurant and Banquet Production as well as weekends.
• Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates; Maintain professional business confidentiality as required. Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Grade 12 education; Culinary schooling preferred.
• 2 years with intermediate work related work experience in a hotel or restaurant setting. Previous experience with related equipment; Knowledge of food handling (Food Safe Certificate)
• Good interpersonal skills; Organizational skills; Knowledge of menu items; Ability to detail; Knowledge of seasoning
• Knowledge of preparation procedures; Ability to evaluate needs related to food production
• Knowledge of safety equipment and procedures as outlined by the Hotel
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups. These groups are:
• Members of visible minorities
• Persons with disabilities
• Aboriginal peoples, and
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note a recent scam involves soliciting individuals for international employment via e-mail using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific name. Individuals are then asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application.
Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. These offers are fraudulent. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this scheme, please contact your local police department to report the matter.