Reporting to the Sous Chef and/or Chef de Partie, the Commis 3 will be responsible for preparing and servicing all food items according to the production standards established by the Executive Chef and the Pan Pacific Hotel. This position will be responsible
The key responsibilities of the Commis 3 include but are not limited to:
• Develop, prepare and service multicultural recipes and menus ensuring consistency in taste and presentation of all food items.
• Maintains daily mis-en-place and prepares certain food items for the following days duties.
• Has the ability and flexibility to work in all areas of the kitchen such as Café Pacifica hot & cold line, Garde Manger and Banquet kitchen and be available for opening and closing shifts.
• Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
• Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
• Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
• Monitors related equipment, reporting any problems or inconsistencies to the Sous Chef.
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
• Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Able to maintain a sustained level of concentration in a high pressured environment ensuring quality in all food production and service is consistent with the Hotel standards;
• Ability to perform functional role: know how to operate all operational equipment & systems relevant to their role and within their immediate work area.
• Maintains the technical skills within culinary ranking: speed, efficiency and time management are at the core of cooking competencies. Depth of skill & knowledge expected to acquire, grown and attain with each year.
• Commis 3 must be able to work with minimal supervision & has basic supervisory skills & responsibilities for Cook’s Helpers.
• Maintains the health, security & safety standards.
• Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates.
• Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Status: Full time hourly
Schedule: Flexibility Required, Rotating shifts, Weekends and Public Holidays
(Predominant Shift will be 5:00pm – 1:00am)
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited culinary school an asset or equivalent level of experience.
• 2 years with intermediate work related work experience in a hotel or restaurant setting. Previous experience with related equipment.
• Food Safe 1 and WHMIS certificates are essential.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Able to maintain a sustained level of concentration in a high pressured environment ensuring quality in all food production and service is consistent with the Hotel standards.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups.
These groups are:
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note a recent scam involves soliciting individuals for international employment via e-mail using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific name. Individuals are then asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application.
Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. These offers are fraudulent. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this scheme, please contact your local police department to report the matter.