Reporting to the Restaurant & Bar Manager, the successful candidate will be familiar with the latest in mixology, bar equipment, and sanitation standards, with a focus on maintaining an attractive bar according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel. Additionally this person will be responsible to serve and interact with guests and patrons offering customized recommendations when required.
The key responsibilities of the Mixologist include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for beverage preparation of classic cocktails, mixed drinks, wines & spirits; Ensure consistent beverage preparation, presentation and quality.
• Maintain knowledge of all menus within the hotel; Takes food orders at bar and assists Servers with food service as required, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
• Exercise good judgment in determining potentially intoxicated guests.
• Ensure all working areas are maintained in a clean and hygienic condition at all times; Maintain bar area and glassware throughout the shift, prepare for opening and closing.
• Maintain/control inventory of bar stock and supplies; Maintains kegs; Stocks shelves in the bar area.
• Maintains cash float; Completes daily log book.
• This position requires flexibility and availability to work shifts in the Patio and Café Pacifica Main Service Bar.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Individual must be able to work with minimal supervision and be highly self-motivated.
• Candidate must have demonstrated excellent organizational skills and be able to work effectively under pressure.
• Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail.
• Individual must have conflict resolution skills; Ability to ‘read’ guests’ expectations and requirements.
• Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates; Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
• Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere.
• Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 75 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, and remain stationary at times throughout work periods.
Schedule: Flexibility Required: Rotating Shifts, Morning, Evening shifts, Weekends & Public Holidays required.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience of bartending in at an upscale restaurant or lounge. Hotel experience is an asset.
• Diploma/degree in Hospitality Management or an accredited bartending school preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of beer, wines & spirits and food & beverage menus.
• “Serving it Right” Certificate required.
• Knowledge of Micros/Point of Sales system an asset.
• Knowledge of food safety and hygiene and clearing procedures.
• Have excellent verbal communication & interpersonal skills; Fluent written and spoken English.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website www.panpacificvancouver.com/contact-us/careers
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups.
These groups are:
- Members of visible minorities
- Persons with disabilities
- Aboriginal peoples, and
Please note a recent scam involves soliciting individuals for international employment via e-mail using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific name. Individuals are then asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application.
Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. These offers are fraudulent. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact email@example.com
If you have been a victim of this scheme, please contact your local police department to report the matter.