Status: Temporary hourly position (March to September 30th, 2014)
Schedule: Flexibility Required: Rotating Shifts, Weekends & Holidays Required
Reporting to the Director of Housekeeping, the successful candidate will be responsible for sorting and processing all linens and uniforms according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel. Additional responsibilities include delivering clean linens to the guest room floors as needed and cleaning and organising all laundry areas including linen shelves in the housekeeping and laundry areas.
The key responsibilities of the laundry attendant include but are not limited to:
• Sort laundry into specific classifications for preparation of washing
• Daily rotation of duties consists of: operation of washers, dryers, towel folder, preparation of linen cages, delivering of linens to the floors and linen exchange outside Laundry facilities.
• Communicate with Supervisor regarding shortage of linens on the floors at the end of the shift
• Maintains cleanliness of equipment and work area; assists with linens inventory count
• Aids in effective communication within Laundry/Valet department; conducts daily inventory of supplies
• Checks and maintains chemical injection system and performs minor maintenance within laundry area
• Reports equipment damage to Supervisor, Manager or Lead Attendant
• Reports and removes stained or torn linen as needed, maintains discards logs up to date
• Ensures prompt delivery of linens requests from room attendants thought out the day
• Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively all daily duties
• Ensures all tasks are perform in a safety manner
• Performs other related duties as required
• Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy items, along with movements such as bending, stooping and kneeling when required. (transferring washing garments weighing up to 300lbs)
• In addition will be required to stand on feet and/or walk for long periods.
• Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere
• Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates
• Self-motivated and able to complete responsibilities in a timely manner with little or no supervision
• Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented
• Maintain professional business confidentiality as required
HOW TO APPLY
Should you wish to deliver your resume directly to the Hotel, there is a resume drop off box located outside the associate entrance on the Cruiseship level.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups. These groups are:
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note a recent scam involves soliciting individuals for international employment via e-mail using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific name. Individuals are then asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application.
Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. These offers are fraudulent. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this scheme, please contact your local police department to report the matter.