Position Title: Restaurants Supervisor
Department: Café Pacifica and Cascades Lounge
Status: On Call, Hourly
Schedule: Flexibility Required: Rotating Shifts and Weekends Involved
Under the general guidance of the Restaurant & Bar Manager, the Supervisor will fulfil supervisory responsibilities in both outlets leading the operations in the absence of the Manager ensuring quality service and presentation standards established by the Hotel are met. This candidate must be flexible, committed and have a strong desire to develop his/her career in F &B Management. This position may also include shifts in Banquets.
The key responsibilities of the Restaurants Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Supervises all Restaurant and Lounge associates; responsible for the smooth running of the day to day operation in the absence of the Manager, ensures that the associates provides quality service to all hotel guests and responds to guest concerns, complaints, and overall feedback.
- Prepares the restaurant for opening (prepares daily menu specials, takes reservations); performs closing duties and completes daily sales and labour reports.
- Acts as a liaison between the Restaurants Manager and the associates.
- Assists the service team with Tour Groups and acts as food expediter when required.
- Monitors work hours and scheduling of Restaurant and Lounge associates by making minor changes based on hotel occupancy and work volumes.
- Receives and coordinates reservations for large parties.
- Completes daily log book; updates management on important issues.
- Understands the need and willingness to work in other related outlets during peak periods when required (i.e. Room Service and/or Banquets)
- Maintains a safe working environment in all sections of the Restaurant and Lounge.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Achievement Oriented
Sets standards of excellence for work to be completed and is not deterred by challenges.
- Attention to detail
Able to maintain a sustained level of concentration in a high pressured environment ensuring quality of work is consistently delivered by team members.
- Service Orientation
Displays a commitment to quality guest service at all times, values the supplying of accurate and timely information and relates to people from diverse backgrounds and continually strives for improvement.
Regulates own behaviour, understanding the hotel culture and acts appropriately in the execution of duties.
Proven consistency in making sound decisions sometimes in pressurized or time-sensitive environments and service.
Leads by example in behaving in an honest and trustworthy manner; treats others fairly; builds strong and trusting relationships with others; practices open communication.
- Team Building
Promotes team achievement, contributes to the development and success of department objectives; supports and encourages team members; is respectful, actively listens to and seeks out opinions and ideas from the team.
- Interactive Communication
Adapts content, style, tone and medium of communication to suit the target audience’s language and level of understanding; takes others’ perspectives into account when communicating or presenting information; facilitates open communication and information exchange.
- Conflict Management
Defuses difficult situations by being assertive; facilitates discussions between parties to explore differences and help find common ground; uses tactful approach to work with others to identify solutions to emerging conflicts and or issues.
- Must be physically fit and able to move furniture when required, in addition will be required to stand on feet for long periods.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of Food & Beverage experience in a large scale Food & Beverage operation.
- Previous supervisory experience is considered an asset.
- Have excellent verbal communication & interpersonal skills; Fluent written and spoken English.
- Micros/Point of Sales system; Open table.
- “Serving It Right” Certificate, Certified in Food Safe 1.
- Diploma / degree in Hospitality management preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website www.panpacificvancouver.com/contact-us/careers
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups.
These groups are:
- Members of visible minorities
- Persons with disabilities
- Aboriginal peoples, and
Please note a recent scam involves soliciting individuals for international employment via e-mail using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific name. Individuals are then asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application.
Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. These offers are fraudulent. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact email@example.com
If you have been a victim of this scheme, please contact your local police department to report the matter.