Position Title: Sales Manager
Status: Full Time Salary
Schedule: Weekdays and as Business Requires (this includes weeknights and weekends)
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Sales, this position oversees and co-directs all aspects of the sales functions for the Group sales segment of the hotel. This position is required to have a strong knowledge and working experience within the Group sales market (Eastern United States Corporate). Responsibilities include but are not limited to the maintenance of existing accounts, development and qualification of new accounts, establishment and maintenance of revenue goals and active participation in related organizations.
The key responsibilities of the Sales Manager include but are not limited to:
- Maintain ongoing client relations with Group accounts, contract negotiations and hotel representation at industry related events.
- Network with business influencers and decision makers ensuring the Pan Pacific Vancouver is visible and professionally presented.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Director of Sales and Sales team focusing on market intelligence and personal activity.
- Practice professional account qualification on a consistent basis (i.e., measure budget needs, date flexibility, space requirement, competitive information etc).
- Maximize and achieve all sales personal productivity and targeted Room Revenue goals by following a system of weekly and monthly action plans, which are reviewed by the Director of Sales; ensures achievement of overall hotel goals supersedes individual concerns.
- Identify business trends and marketing opportunities that can improve hotel performance following hotel performance and short-term forecasts to find weak periods, identifying clients who need those periods.
- Create excellent guest and client relationship through attention to detail; follow through with a personalized touch, empathy for customer perceptions and needs and responds in a timely manner.
- Provide clear directions that simplify the role of support associates.
- Support the development of the annual Business Plan, Hotel Budget and Marketing Plan as requested by the Director of Sales; attend tradeshows, industry and major business functions as required.
- Co-operate and accept other assignments from the Director of Sales as and when required from time to time.
- Provide precise, clear, and timely communication, special reports or events as may be required by the Director of Sales.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Minimum two (2) years in a sales capacity within the Hotel industry with a proven track record of achieving room and revenue goals.
- Past experience in the Corporate market segment throughout Eastern United States is an asset.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university, college or hotel school an asset or equivalent level of experience.
- Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating and presentation skills; Attention to detail and follow-through imperative
- Experience in preparing RFP’s (Request for Proposal) and group contracts.
- Must have the flexibility to incorporate travel, evening and weekend work into their lifestyle; must have valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency with e-mail, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs - Opera is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website www.panpacificvancouver.com/contact-us/careers
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups.
These groups are:
Members of visible minorities
Persons with disabilities
Aboriginal peoples, and
Please note a recent scam involves soliciting individuals for international employment via e-mail using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific name. Individuals are then asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application.
Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. These offers are fraudulent. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this scheme, please contact your local police department to report the matter.